Major Gift Manager
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamDevcom team
Major Gift Manager
Are you a fundraiser with experience in working with individual and foundation donors? Are you a great writer with experience in creating funding proposals? Can you convey information engagingly to different stakeholders? Are you a networker and a team player? Then we might be looking for you!
Commonland is a not-for profit foundation that believes that revitalizing communities, restoring landscapes and regenerating ecosystems offers tremendous untapped opportunities for both society and business. Now more than ever, the world needs viable solutions based on social and ecological needs, science and entrepreneurship. For this to happen, we need a practical holistic approach that everybody understands. We are a system developer of integrated landscape management and restoration projects worldwide, bringing solutions at a landscape scale on biodiversity, climate change, sustainable agriculture, and communities. To make this happen we have developed the 4 Returns Framework, which contributes directly to at least eight Sustainable Development Goals.
We are in the process of setting up a significant upscale of activities following a long-term strategy. Our 2040 strategy focuses on creating scale with the 4 Returns Framework by initiating, catalyzing, and enabling large-scale landscape and ecosystem restoration. As part of this process, we are currently looking for a Major Gift Manager to join our team of multi-disciplinary and entrepreneurial colleagues. You will be part of the Development & Communication team.
The Major Gift Manager plays a key role in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and foundation donors worldwide to fund our landscape restoration programs globally. We are looking for a passionate and driven colleague who would like to join us in reaching our funding goals for the upcoming years.
- Build a strong prospect pipeline by identifying and cultivating prospect donors
- Collaborate with colleagues from the landscape team and the knowledge team on fundraising and delivering funding proposals
- Support in further developing and strengthening the fundraising strategy and process
- Leverage the existing network of individuals and foundations
- Organise international meetings, events, and field visits for prospect donors
- In all aspects of your work, you are an ambassador for the organization
We offer you
- The opportunity to create long-term sustainable and social impact across continents. Incidental travel to landscape projects
- A monthly salary ranging from 4500 euro to 6500 euro (depending on experience), based on 40 hours/week, 31 holidays, a pension scheme
- A dynamic and international scale-up environment with passionate, enthusiastic team members. The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas in line with our strategy
- A yearly training budget to boost your skillset
- We will make your home office almost as pleasant as our brand-new office
- Fun activities to get to know your colleagues better, healthy lunches, good coffee, Dutch tea, monthly drinks, and a great office with a stunning view
Our ideal candidate
- You have a proven track record in fundraising and 7+ years of relevant working experience in major gift fundraising
- You have a strong affinity with Commonland’s mission and enjoy working in an expert organisation
- You live in the Netherlands, preferably near Amsterdam, or are willing to relocate
- You possess outstanding writing and verbal skills in English, and preferably in Dutch and Spanish
- You display courage and confidence in building long-term relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have strong project management skills and an eye for detail
- You recognize yourself in our core values: empower each other, put words into action and honest & compassionate