Internship - Marketing, Communication & Fundraising
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamDevcom team
Internship Marketing, Communication & Fundraising
Are you a team player, hands-on and motivated to make sure that our story reaches a broad audience? Are you creative and thorough, and eager to learn within an international and multistakeholder environment? Then we’re looking for you!
Commonland is a not-for profit organisation that believes that our collective future depends upon our ability to restore the Earth: our common land. With the support of many partners, Commonland facilitates people on the ground in navigating the complexities of large-scale landscape restoration. Empowered with the right tools and approach, we can transform a landscape in one generation for healthy and resilient ecosystems and communities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on, and ambitious intern with a passion for organizing events, working on content related projects and support fundraising activities. Someone who likes to contribute to the objectives of a purpose-driven organization. A team player to join our growing team and is eager to learn within an international environment and dynamic work field. In this role, you will join our Development & Communications team, consisting of the Fund Mobilization, Policy and Marketing & Communications teams. You will work closely with the Marketing & Communications team and the Donor Relations Manager.
Our core values are empowering each other, putting words into action and being compassionate & honest. These guiding principles help us to guide our actions, strengthen our culture and determine if we are on the right path in fulfilling our ambitious goals.
- Support the team in event management, ranging from 4 Returns Community events, and donor events to participation in international policy events.
- Support with content-driven projects and content creation for a diverse range of stakeholders and channels, to support the content strategy.
- Create fundraising materials, and support communication outreach to policy actors and partners.
- Support the donor relations manager with searching for potential partners and call-for-proposals (desk research).
- Is eager to support the team on diverse projects within fund mobilization and communications.
We offer you
- A passionate, (mission) driven and international team.
- An open, dynamic and supportive learning environment – we value personal development.
- Monday team lunch, fun team activities (inspiration lunch e.g.) and great coffee in a green office space.
- The internship compensation is 300 Euro based on full-time (40hr). You also get your travel expenses reimbursed.
Please note that this internship position is only available for students who are enrolled within a Dutch University / educational institution.
Enthusiastic? We’re looking forward to hearing from you, please apply via the apply button and let us know why you believe you have what it takes to fill this position! If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Maxyne Leermakers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are invited on a rolling basis.
Our ideal candidate
- 3rd or 4th-year student in the field of international business & management, International development studies, Marketing management, (creative) communications or media studies.
- Available as of September 2022 for a period of at least 5 months (4 or 5 days a week).
- Has international experience via an exchange program or internship, work experience or extracurricular activities that show your ambition.
- Is proactive and hands-on, and likes to initiate ideas and translate them into practical actions.
- Is a team player, has a can-do mentality, and can carry the internship with (growing) responsibility.
- Has excellent English writing skills.
- Preferably knows how to work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Photoshop).
- Is passionate or eager to learn about landscape restoration in an international and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Enrolled at a Dutch education institution (HBO or University).